2018 Education Seminar
Ten Oaks Ballroom
5000 Signal Bell Lane
Clarksville, MD 21029
Wednesday, February 21, 2018
Join the MAAGCS for the Annual Education Seminar being held at the Ten Oaks Ballroom in Clarksville, MD.
- 8 Pest Credits in each category: 00 - Core, 3A - Exterior Ornamental Plants, 3B - Lawn and Turf for Washington D.C.
- .6 GCSAA Education Points
- Pesticide License Re-certification in categories 3A and 3C from Maryland
- 2 CEUs for Maryland Professional Fertilizer Applicators (PFA)
- 2 Fertilizer CEU's from Virginia
- Virginia Pesticide Re-certification in categories 3B, 10 and 60
- 10 Pest Credits in categories 4A, 11 and 12 from West Virginia
- 2.5 Credits from Delaware Nutrient Management
- 3 Credits from Delaware in Category 03 - Turf and Ornamentals
- 1 Pesticide Credit for Pennsylvania in Category 00
- 4 Pesticide Credits for Pennsylvania in Categories PC, 07, 18 and 23
Meeting Attire: Coat and Tie Preferred
- Lunch Sponsor: $2,000 - exclusive
- Reception Sponsor: $1,500 - exclusive
- Break Sponsor(s): $500
Contact Tyler Eastham for more information on sponsorship.
Ken Ingram, CGCS
University of Maryland
Ice Cream Sponsor
Breakfast and Registration
President Mike Bostian
7:30 - 8:30
Dr. Erik Ervin, University of Delaware
"N, Fe, and kelp biostimulant programs for enhanced bentgrass health"
8:30 - 9:30
Dr. Mike Richardson, University of Arkansas
"How much shade is too much?"
Newsom Seed, Bayer and Davisson Golf Inc.
10:00 - 11:00
Lee Butler, North Carolina State University
"Soil Born Diseases"
11:00 - 12:00
Dr. Joseph Roberts, University of Maryland
"Assessment and Management of Root Disease Issues
Associated with Turfgrasses"
12:00 - 1:00
1:00 - 1:30
Paul Jacobs, USGA Northeast Region Agronomist
"Recruiting and Retaining Staff"
1:30 - 2:00
Ken Ingram, CGCS
"Common Ornamental Pests"
2:00 - 2:30
Ice Cream Break
2:30 - 3:30
Jeff Michel, M&M Consulting
"Soil Chemistry, Soil Health, and Optimal Fertility Strategies for Restricted Budgets"
Pesticide and Fertilizer
Re-certification Application, then Beer and Wine Social