Manor Country Club, located in Rockville Maryland, is currently seeking an Assistant Golf Course Superintendent.
Operation: 27 hole private country club, with 10 tennis courts and two swimming pools. The Championship 18 was renovated by Arthur Hills in 2005, with A1-A4 bentgrass greens, L93 tees and fairways. The Harry Pitt executive 9 has Bent/Poa greens and Bermudagrass fairways and tees.
Salary: $60,000 - 75,000 dependent on experience and qualifications
Position Requirements: Manor Country Club is looking for a highly motivated individual that has a great passion for the turf industry. Must be able to work in a team environment, manage and prioritize the daily tasks of the crew, have strong communication skills, and a good eye for detail. Oversee chemical/fertilizer applications as well as irrigation repairs. The Assistant Superintendent will be involved in all facets of the golf course maintenance operation, including budgeting, purchasing, daily course set-up, water management, and running golf course projects.
Education & Qualification Requirements:
● 2-4 year degree in turf management or related degree.
● Maryland State pesticide application license, Or ability to obtain one within 3-6 months
● Maryland Department of Agriculture Professional Fertilizer Application Certification. Or the ability to obtain one within 3-6 months
● Spanish literate a plus
● Valid driver’s License.
● Knowledge of the Toro Lynxs system and VP controllers a plus.
● Full benefits package available after 90 days which includes medical and dental insurance, paid annual vacation, paid sick leave. 401 (k) with Employer Match after one year of employment.
● Paid Dues for membership in GCSAA and local association.
● Paid trip to the National GCSAA show (every other year)
● Expenses for attending regional education seminars
● Golfing privileges
● Uniforms and meals provided.
Golf Course Superintendent
Manor Country Club
© Mid-Atlantic Association of Golf Course Superintendents 888-643-8873
Web Site Designed by: Ryan Kraushofer