BMPs For Maryland Golf Courses
Director of Landscape Services - The Arc of Baltimore
The Arc of Baltimore is looking for a high character professional in the turf/landscape industry to serve as the Director of Landscape Services.
Responsible for overall department operations, personnel supervision and management, to create a work/training program that enables individuals with disabilities to learn, succeed, and ideally move on to an independent job. Manage multi-faceted Landscape and Policing (outdoor custodial) contracts. Oversee customer service and QE/QA. Assist with creating and monitoring the annual budget. Oversee contract administration including re-pricing, add-ons, and billing.
Manage multi-faceted Landscape and Policing (outdoor custodial). Responsible for overall department operations, personnel supervision and team building. Oversee quality assurance measures to ensure high customer satisfaction standards are met. Assist with creating and monitoring the annual budget. Oversee contract administration including re-pricing, add-ons and billing. Ensure the department provides fulfilling employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities so they can learn, succeed and ideally move on to competitive employment.
ABOUT THE ARC OF BALTIMORE (Please visit - https://www.thearcbaltimore.org/):
The Arc Baltimore supports people with developmental disabilities to lead fulfilling lives with a sense of belonging, purpose, and meaningful relationships.
A world where all people are valued, their voices are heard, and their impact is felt.
Unity – We are stronger together.
Innovation – We push the bar forward.
Excellence – We are constantly improving.
Integrity – We are trustworthy.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at The Arc Baltimore mean celebrating differences, embracing authenticity, and intentionally engaging through the lens of fairness and respect.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Responsible for ensuring that the supported worker’s rights and dignity are protected and that they have maximum opportunities to fully participate as a member of the landscape/policing department, with access to all the supports and services available.
2. Develop and maintain customer relationships that result in long-term contracts with growth potential and opportunities for additional jobs.
3. Supervise field managers; including frequent on-site quality evaluations, customer relations and team development.
4. Monitor the recruitment, interviewing, and hiring process for new hires. In conjunction with the Human Resources Department, make final hiring decision for department.
5. Evaluate all crew strengths and limitations, modify and augment as necessary to ensure effective, efficient, and high quality landscape and policing service.
6. For both new and veteran employees, develop, implement, and refine various training modules for staff and supported worker positions. Assure that training is systematic, consistent, and uses best practices. Ensure staff are current with Agency training.
7. Ensure accurate payroll records are submitted accurately and approved.
8. Responsible for timely, complete, and accurate submission of all required documentation
for various stakeholders, both internal and external.
9. Responsible for compliance with all SourceAmerica, and MD Work regulations, and required reporting
10. Assist with the preparation of the annual budget, monitor and revise as necessary.
11. Perform annual staff evaluations.
12. Oversee and interface with suppliers and vendors to negotiate and purchase inventory supplies and needed equipment.
13. Prepare cost estimates for new and add-on projects for state, federal customers.
14. Maintain complete electronic contract files.
15. Provide strategic planning regarding productive use of department resources.
16. Assist with the preparation of monthly billing.
17. Responsible for maintaining licenses, including pesticide applicator’s licenses.
18. Complete all agency-required trainings for position.
19. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Associate's or Bachelor’s degree in Turf, Landscape or Horticulture.
· A minimum of five years experience in contract administration in the grounds maintenance/landscape industry.
· Supervisory and administrative experience required.
· MD Commercial Pesticide License preferred, or must be obtained within one year.
· Must be competent in Microsoft Office.
· Good driving record.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
· $70,000-$80,000 dependent on experience
· Medical, dental, vision insurance
· Retirement Savings
Apply on the following site - https://tbloomllc.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=1713744&&#job or contact Tyler Bloom at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Mid-Atlantic Association of Golf Course Superintendents 888-643-8873
Web Site Designed by: Ryan Kraushofer