Job Requirements: Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
OVERVIEW: Westminster National Golf Course is seeking a hands on, working Assistant Superintendent. That person needs to be a strong, detail oriented team leader, with management and organizational skills, as well as a passion for the game of golf. This is a full time; year round position Westminster National Golf Course is an 18 hole daily fee golf course surround by the beautiful farmland and rolling hills of Carroll County Maryland. The golf course is conveniently located minutes from downtown Westminster and a short ten minutes from Littlestown, Pa. Also less than an hour’s drive from Baltimore, Hanover Pa, & Gettysburg PA. Westminster National Golf Course is a par 71 course and 5900 yards in length. The Assistant Superintendent will possess strong leadership and team building skills. A strong work ethic combined with a positive, never fail attitude will be essential. This position will have a high degree of autonomy based on priorities and goals developed by the management team. A hands approach with a willingness to “get dirty” will be required when training and guiding staff to efficiently complete daily responsibilities. Must be highly self-motivated and detail oriented.
KNOWLDEGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Knowledge of management and maintenance of greens, fairways and roughs.
· Knowledge of use and operating standards of equipment and tools used in golf course construction and maintenance work.
· Skill in supervising, training, monitoring, evaluating and motivating personnel.
· Knowledge of safe use, mixing and application of chemicals and commercial products.
· Knowledge of the game of golf, golf rules and methods of play.
DATE AVAILABLE: Immediately
SALARY RANGE: $35K - $40K (Negotiable depending on experience and qualifications)
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) resume information to Ryan Kraushofer, General Manager & Superintendent or call him at the course (410-876-4653),
© Mid-Atlantic Association of Golf Course Superintendents 888-643-8873
Web Site Designed by: Ryan Kraushofer