Director of Grounds
The Director of Grounds is responsible for the landscaping and grounds maintenance of Flint Hill School. The school has 2 campuses totally 50+ acres including 6 athletic fields, 8 tennis courts, play areas for recess activities, 3 playground structures, parking lots and common grounds area. The Director of Grounds embraces the vision, mission, core values of the school. The Director of Grounds reports to the Assistant Director of Facilities and is a twelve-month salaried position.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
● Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Facilities, oversees the grounds maintenance, and cleanliness of school grounds.
● Manages and assists staff with hands-on work including mowing, weeding, edging, trimming, and pruning.
● Implements schedules for fertilization/chemical applications, as well as annual aeration and seeding operations.
● Responsible for maintaining high quality turf on athletic fields and proper setup for athletic games.
● Continually inspects all grounds for their condition and maturity and notes those areas requiring maintenance.
● Oversees snow removal operation for both school campuses.
● Ensures that the staff is fully trained in all aspects of their positions including the proper and safe use of equipment.
● Performs other related duties as assigned.
● Minimum of 5 years relevant experience required.
● Experience in supervising and training grounds staff.
● Requires knowledge of the characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers, soil conditioners and pest control methods and materials.
● Must possess or be able to obtain a state pesticide license within three months of hire date.
● Must be available to maintain flexible schedule.
● Associate’s degree in Turf and Horticulture Management or related field; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Please contact Tina Jackson, Director of Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org
© Mid-Atlantic Association of Golf Course Superintendents 888-643-8873
Web Site Designed by: Ryan Kraushofer