POSITION: Golf Sales Specialist –Mid Atlantic
COMPANY: Rain Bird International-Services Division
REPORTS TO: District Sales Manager-RBI-Golf
WORK LOCATION: Maryland/Delaware
Provide sales and service support for specialized accounts such as golf courses and contractors. Call on assigned customers and prospective customers. Sell customers on using/buying Rain Bird Golf products. Educate customers on applications and benefits of Rain Bird products. Provide follow-up through inside support people to ensure that sales are delivered in a timely manner and that the customer’s product and value added marketing needs are met.
The Golf Sales Specialist is responsible for profitably, growing product and service sales for use in golf industry applications. This role will work effectively at various customer levels to educate, justify and successfully sell customized irrigation systems to new and existing golf courses.
The Golf Sales Specialist works with the RBI-S District Sales Manager at senior management and ownership within a golf course to outline Rain Bird’s complete capabilities to decision makers. Sales Specialists are “solution based” sales representatives, capable of analyzing irrigation system designs, Rain Bird products, finance options and after-sales technical support packages to golf course owners, greens committees, consultants, contractors, developers and superintendents. Senior Sales specialists work independently within a geographic territory and are measured on revenue production and market share improvement. A successful candidate will be technically competent, a sound presenter, results-oriented, highly self-motivated and ideally will have experience with irrigation design.
This position also requires close coordination and contact with all service providers in the identification and support of customer service needs.
• 5 years successful sales or territory sales management experience
• BA or BS degree
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to achieve results independently and with/through others
• Working knowledge of personal computers and commonly used business software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Must live in Maryland or Delaware (40-50% travel)
• Industrial technical/engineering sales experience
• MBA degree
• Strong desire to advance into Product Management / Sales Management
• Working knowledge of irrigation design, installation, repair and product application
Please submit resumes to Chris Granger via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
© Mid-Atlantic Association of Golf Course Superintendents 888-643-8873
Web Site Designed by: Ryan Kraushofer