Golf Course Superintendent
Green Valley Country Club
Lafayette Hill, PA
Green Valley Country Club seeks a Superintendent for our classic William Flynn designed Golf Course. He/She must take pride in delivering exceptional playing conditions for our members and guests by providing excellent turf conditions with an understanding of our members expectations. The Golf Course Superintendent will be responsible for managing the daily operations of the entire agronomy team with concentration on organizing, directing and overseeing all facets of the department including but not limited to staffing, training, directing, safety protocol, chemical / fertilization plans, working relationships across departments, member communication / interaction with club members, capital and operational budgeting, compliance with local, state and federal laws and conducts other appropriate tasks assigned by the Green Committee or General Manager.
Keys to Success
Ø An understanding of the Mid Atlantic Climate conditions and challenges.
Ø Experience with various playing surfaces. Green Valley features Poa annua / Bentgrass greens, tees and fairways while the rough is predominantly rye and fescue.
Ø Is highly visible to the membership with an emphasis on creating a culture of excellence.
Ø Forward thinking visionary who stays abreast of best practices.
Ø Builds a strong cohesive team through motivation, empowerment and continuing education.
Ø Consistently defines and achieves short and long-term goals and objectives.
Ø Is an effective written and verbal communicator as well as team player.
Ø Maintain an active membership in appropriate professional organization.
Ø Previous Golf Course renovation experience.
Ø Must be creative and forward thinking in the recruitment, training and scheduling a team of current & future employees.
Ø Daily communication with the Head Golf Professional as to course conditions and updates.
Duties and Responsibilities
Establish and oversee the agronomy department, procedures / controls and focus with the goal of member / guest satisfaction within budget requirements.
1. Implement policies and procedures for the agronomy department including compliance of company expectations while maintaining exceptional playing conditions.
2. Ensure safety and compliance of the department by meeting all federal, state and local regulations regarding chemical applications, labor laws and all other regulations which apply to agronomic practices.
3. Work with the General Manager in the preparation of the annual and capital budget including all expenses with the department.
4. Review and analyze various financial results/reports while monitoring the overall agronomy department performance and take any corrective actions that may be needed.
5. Participate in department head/committee meetings as designated.
6. Advise and assist the Committee Chairman / General Manager and implements policies, procedures and goals which will strategically enhance the agronomy department for operational and financial success.
7. All purchasing of golf course maintenance supplies and materials.
8. Supervises and participates in the application and recording of all chemical applications (fertilizer & pesticides) throughout the club grounds in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
Ø College Graduate with a BS (preferred) in Agronomy or a certificate in Turfgrass Management.
Ø 3-5 years of experience as a Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent (preferred)
Ø GCSAA designations or similar professional development credential required.
Ø Basic Computer Skills.
Ø Current State pesticide certification and valid driver’s license.
Ø Commensurate with experience
Ø Competitive Salary
Ø Health / Life / STD / LTD Insurance
Ø Vacation, Personal & Sick Time
Ø National & Local Dues
Ø Continuing Education
Ø Company Vehicle
Ø Shift Meals
Ø Golf Privileges
Applications may be submitted via email to email@example.com
submission deadline is 9/27/19
© Mid-Atlantic Association of Golf Course Superintendents 888-643-8873
Web Site Designed by: Ryan Kraushofer