Title: Assistant SuperintendentClub: Spring Creek Golf ClubAddress: 109 Clubhouse WayCity: GordonsvilleState: VaZip: 22942
Contact Name: Ryan Holbrook
Educational Requirements: 2 or 4 year Turf Degree or related field or 3+ year’s golf course experience. Willing to wait until graduation for the right student candidate.
· #1 Best New Public Golf Course in 2007.
· #66 on Golf Digest’s America’s 100 Greatest Public Golf Courses.
· Hosted numerous VSGA events to include the State Amateur Championship.
· Hosted the 2018 prestigious Virginia Carolina Matches (Putter Cup).
· Course incorporates a quarter mile of stacked stone walls into the design.
· Recently constructed, award winning Clubhouse.
· Host UVA Men’s and Women’s Golf teams
· Spring Creek is unique, cool season course with...
· A1/A4 greens
· Declaration Bentgrass tees and fairways
· Tall Fescue/Kentucky bluegrass roughs.
· Located 15 minutes east of Charlottesville VA (Voted #1 best cities to live 2017)
· Great team of supervisors eager to educate and train
· Experienced and efficient full time staff of 10 + 5 part time in season
· Supportive membership
· Opportunities to become proficient in areas of…
o Welding, construction, reel science, mechanical diagnostics, administration & budgeting
In-house projects upcoming
· Building stone stacked walls, we currently have over a ¼ mile of wall
· New tee box construction
· Bunker renovation to Better Billy Bunker System
· Additional Concrete Cart Path or Repairs
· Drone mapping of our Fairways to help us monitor the effectiveness of our fairway spray program
· Strong work ethic
· Open minded and adaptable
· Personality characteristics to compliment our cohesive team
· Willingness to obtain Va Pesticide Applicator's License
Salary: $40,000 - $44,000
Health insurance, paid vacation, uniforms, golf privileges, local and national association dues, 401(k)
© Mid-Atlantic Association of Golf Course Superintendents 888-643-8873
Web Site Designed by: Ryan Kraushofer