BMPs For Maryland Golf Courses
GOLF COURSE SUPERENTENDENT @
PETE DYE RIVER COURSE OF VIRGINIA TECH
POSITION TITLE: Golf Course Superintendent
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT: Golf Course Maintenance
REPORTS TO (TITLE): General Manager
SUPERVISES: Golf Course Maintenance Staff
Golf Course Superintendent
Interested in a stunning property with growth potential? The Signature Pete Dye River Course is located along the historic New River, in Radford, VA. The extraordinary clubhouse rests on a rock cliff seventy feet above the course. Preston's at The River is a full-service restaurant offering lunch and dinner. The semi-private facility serves members, daily play and the men’s and women’s team from Virginia Tech as well as Radford University. Discover more about us at http://www.petedyerivercourse.com/ Inspiring ways to “Be the Difference” with every guest and employee interaction. We’ve created a place where YOU feel at home with an excellent working environment that encourages our “Be the Difference” Culture. Think this sounds like a fit for you? Apply now...we would love to have you on our team!
The Golf Course Superintendent will have responsibility for providing the highest quality turf and playing conditions possible while overseeing equipment repair & maintenance, club house grounds and landscaping, upkeep and landscaping around related structures and buildings (pump stations, comfort stations, etc.). Directly responsible for identifying, hiring, training and providing direction for team members while providing a structured, highly functioning team atmosphere within the department. In conjunction with the property General Manager, be responsible for meeting or exceeding the established standards for guest satisfaction as well as operating the department within set budget parameters. The position also requires the chosen individual to be actively involved and hands on with day to day responsibilities as a part of the functioning agronomy team.
• Three years previous experience in this or a related position required.
• Bachelor of Science Degree or two-year certificate in Turf Science, Landscape, Agronomy or similar field, or equivalent work experience. Restricted Pesticide License.
• Knowledge of ordering/purchasing, inventory control, budget management and P&L accountability.
• Ability to multi-task while remaining focused on the key objectives of the property, department and position.
• Knowledge of computer skills to include Microsoft Office programs, e-mail and the Internet.
• Must be comfortable and willing to “roll up the sleeves” and lead by positive example.
• Be able to work weekends and holidays, mornings and evenings as business demands.
• Independent decisions are made with sound judgment and are consistent with company core values.
• Ability to compute rates, rations, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, volumes of cones, cylinders, etc. Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
• Ability to calibrate sprayers, spreaders, scientific instruments, computer software, irrigation systems, etc.
• Ability to operate basic software including word processor, spreadsheets, e-mail and irrigation control software.
• Basic understanding of preventative maintenance systems.
• Basic understanding of mechanical operations of engines and hydraulics for guidance of equipment managers.
• Basic understanding of irrigation systems and components related to best practices in consideration of agronomics.
WHAT THE JOB DOES:
• Delivers and promotes prompt, courteous, and friendly service to all members, guests, and employees.
• Motivates, directs, and participates carrying out tasks with staff on a daily basis. Assist in maintaining a daily record log for weather, course conditioning, cultural practices, equipment maintenance, fertilizer, and pesticide applications, etc. Encourage, mentor, coach, train and develop team members to ensure their maximum value so that the guest experience is realized.
• Oversees the maintenance and detailing of maintenance equipment after each use.
• Maintains all grounds and landscaping around all facility related structures
• Schedules, trains, supervise, evaluate, coach and counsel all department team members
• Supervises all planting, fertilizing and care of turf, plants, shrubs and trees.
• Records all work activities of personnel in the department.
• Records all maintenance on course.
• Prepares annual budget for department.
• Selects and prepares proper fertilizers and nutrients for all flora and fauna.
• Develops and maintains drainage, irrigation and watering systems.
• Maintains course in highest quality playing conditions possible.
• Provides necessary input of all required personnel records.
• Implements and enforces comprehensive safety program for employees, members and guests on course in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
• Maintains accurate work records for all personnel in the department.
• Oversees the equipment maintenance throughout the entire facility including the Clubhouse, Golf Shop.
• Any and all duties as assigned by the General Manager
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel and crouch; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. At times, may be required to operate machinery or a motor vehicle.
WHAT WE ARE:
• The Pete Dye River Course is a semi-private, daily fee facility and is open to the public.
• The setting of the Pete Dye River Course offers unmatched facilities and scenery to enhance any event. From a 10-person Board Meeting or Retreat to a 150-person reception on our spectacular terrace, we’re prepared to entertain and impress your guests.
• Located in Radford, VA.
WHY WORK FOR US:
• We provide benefits for all Full-time employees such as; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability, Critical Illness and Accidental Insurance. Generous PTO plans and Holiday Pay for all full - time employees.
• Company 401k and Employee Assistance Program is available to ALL employees as well as Hotel Discounts and employee purchase plans.
SUBMIT RESUMES TO: TJ Baggett, firstname.lastname@example.org
© Mid-Atlantic Association of Golf Course Superintendents 888-643-8873
Web Site Designed by: Ryan Kraushofer