The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission is currently seeking a Golf Course Superintendent for Paint Branch Golf Complex in College Park, MD. The selected candidate will be responsible for performing specialized horticultural and golf course maintenance work involving considerable responsibility, complexity, and variety. The hiring range for this position will be $47,692 – midpoint of the advertised salary range and will be based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Examples of Important Duties
· Inspects golf course daily to see what horticultural or landscaping work needs to be performed.
· Maintains the golf course and driving range at playing standards that are set within the AAFD Division.
· Plans, schedules, and assigns work daily to team members.
· Evaluates work and counsels’ staff on ways to improve performance.
· Prepares annual budget requests.
· Controls and monitors expenditures per the approved budget.
· Prepares RFPs and bid specifications for horticultural and landscaping work.
· Works with the Commission's management team, implementing course re-designs or enhancements.
· Supervises maintenance crew responsible for mowing, watering, fertilizing, repairing grass on tees, greens, and fairways.
· Meets with vendors, conducts horticultural research, and exchanges information with other golf course superintendents to identify new programs, methods, equipment, and supplies, which may improve the maintenance of the golf course.
· Meets with golfers, citizens, and community groups to discuss golf course design, landscaping, and maintenance programs.
· Maintains accurate records of expenditures, time cards, inventory, pesticide use, accidents, and injuries.
1. High school graduation or GED, and college level courses in horticulture, agronomy, or related subjects; or North American Certificate in Horticulture; or two years of progressively responsible horticultural experience; and four years experience which included two years of golf course maintenance experience and two years of golf course maintenance experience at the lead level; or
2. An equivalent combination of education and experience.
3. Valid Class B, valid Maryland driver's license or the ability to acquire one.
4. State pesticide certification.
Driver's licenses must be unencumbered by restrictions, revocations, suspensions, or points that could limit the employee's ability to drive Commission vehicles or perform driving duties required of their position.
Working Characteristics: Team Player Strong communication skills Strong management/supervisory skills Organized Ability to meet deadlines Ability to prioritize and multi-task Ability to be flexible and adapt to frequent change
THE MARYLAND-NATIONAL CAPITAL PARK AND PLANNING COMMISSION
2020 BENEFIT SUMMARY FOR MERIT SYSTEM EMPLOYEES
The following information is a summary of benefits extended to all Merit System employees of the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC). All plans are optional except the Defined Benefit and Long-Term Disability plans.
Plan Employee Contribution
Plan A: 7% of base salary. Social Security Wage Base (SSWB).
Plan B: 4% of base salary up to maximum Social Security Wage Base (SSWB) and 7% in excess of SSWB.
Plan C: 9% of base salary. (FOP members only)
Plan D: 8% of base salary. (FOP members only)
Plan E: 4% of base salary up to maximum Social Security Wage Base (SSWB) and 8% in excess of SSWB.
Health Insurance Plans (FOP Members Pay 23% for Medical, Prescription and Dental and same as all other employees for Vision.) All other employees pay percentage below.
Flexible Spending Accounts (Employee Pays 100%)
Long-Term Disability Insurance (Mandatory Participation)
Supplemental Long-Term Disability Insurance (Employee Pays 100%)
Basic Life and AD&D Insurance (Employee Pays 20%: Commission Pays 80%)
Supplemental and Spouse/Dependent Life Insurance (Employee Pays 100%)
Sick Leave Bank (Eligible After One Year Probationary Period)
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
© Mid-Atlantic Association of Golf Course Superintendents 888-643-8873
Web Site Designed by: Ryan Kraushofer