BMPs For Maryland Golf Courses
Manor Country Club, located in Rockville Maryland, is currently seeking an Assistant Golf Course Superintendent.
Operation:27 hole private country club, with 10 tennis courts and two swimming pools. The Championship 18 was renovated by Arthur Hills in 2005, with A1-A4 bentgrass greens, L93 Tees and fairways. The Harry Pitt executive 9 has Bent/Poa greens, Patriot Bermuda fairways and Bent/Poa tees.
Salary:$60,000 - 70,000 dependent on experience and qualifications
Position Requirements: Manor Country Club is looking for a highly motivated individual that has a great passion for the turf industry with some previous experience as an Assistant Superintendent preferred, but not required. Must be able to work in a team environment, manage and prioritize the daily tasks of the crew, have strong communication skills and a good eye for detail. Oversee chemical/fertilizer applications as well as irrigation repairs. The candidate will be involved in all facets of the golf course maintenance operation, budgeting, purchasing, water management, communicating with other departments, running golf course projects.
Education & Qualification Requirements:
● 2-4 year degree in turf management or related degree.
● Maryland State pesticide application license, Or ability to obtain one within 3-6 months
● Maryland Department of Agriculture Professional Fertilizer Application Certification. Or ability to obtain one within 3-6 months
● Spanish literate a plus
● Valid driver License.
● Knowledge of the Toro Lynxs system and VP controllers a plus.
● Full benefits package available after 90 days which includes medical and dental insurance, paid annual vacation, paid sick leave. 401 (k) with Employer Match after one year of employment.
● Paid Dues for membership in GCSAA and local association.
● Paid trip to the National GCSAA show (every other year)
● Expenses for attending regional education seminars
● Golfing privileges
● Uniforms and meals provided.
Prefered Start Date: June 1, 2020
Contact Info: Will McNeal
Golf Course Superintendent
Manor Country Club
© Mid-Atlantic Association of Golf Course Superintendents 888-643-8873
Web Site Designed by: Ryan Kraushofer