BMPs For Maryland Golf Courses
Golf Course Superintendent
Raven Golf Club, Snowshoe WV
Opening in 1992, the Raven Golf Club at Snowshoe Mountain Resort is one of West Virginia’s premier getaway golf destinations. Amenities include an 18-hole classic carved into the mountainside featuring bentgrass fairways and greens designed by Gary Player in 1992. The Raven has hosted numerous professional and amateur events and will proudly host the 2022 West Virginia Open.
The Superintendent reports to the General Manager and corporate Director of Agronomy and is entrusted with the maintenance, operation and management of the golf course and all other Club grounds.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
● Responsible for the overall operation and management of the Raven Golf Club golf course, practice facilities and Club grounds.
● Recruits, trains and supervises golf course maintenance operations personnel.
● Develops capital and operational budgets for the golf course maintenance operation in concert with the General Manager and DOA, and, after approval, manages their implementation.
● Maintains Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary for Golf Certification
● Provides exceptional experiences for Passholders and guests
Assists the General Manager in developing/implementing short and long term capital projects, operational standards and personnel documents.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years of experience as a golf course superintendent or assistant. He/she will have earned at least an Associate Degree in Turfgrass Management, possess sound leadership and management practices, solid interpersonal and communication skills and a proven track record growing bentgrass in a challenging climate.
Benefits include: health and life, 401(k), GCSAA dues, paid time off.
Candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Director of Agronomy
About Up to Par Management:
Up to Par Management is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club and hospitality operations. Up to Par exists to create success for its properties through a philosophy of continuous improvement, operational excellence and flawless execution achieved through a culture of financial discipline, safety, and community and environmental stewardship. We develop and deliver innovative solutions for our clients while providing a dynamic and challenging environment for our associates.
© Mid-Atlantic Association of Golf Course Superintendents 888-643-8873
Web Site Designed by: Ryan Kraushofer