BMPs For Maryland Golf Courses
Turf Equipment Technician
Woodmont Country Club is a 36 hole, private, country club located in Rockville, MD - just outside of Washington D.C. The two golf courses and club grounds are situated on 460 acres. The North Course is an all cool-season golf course which is an annual host to the final leg of U.S Open Qualifying and recently hosted the 2020 U.S. Women's Amateur Championship. The South Course is a combination of warm season (Zoysia fairways) and cool season (greens & tees) surfaces. The South Course is set to undergo a complete renovation in the coming years.
The position will report directly to the Equipment Manager. Our shop is currently staffed with two assistant mechanics and is looking for a senior technician to help our organization grow and improve the conditions of our golf courses and other infrastructure. This will be a hands-on position with the opportunity to gain experience in personnel management. We currently have an equipment fleet of approximately 5 million dollars. Our fleet is a mix of Toro, John Deere, and Jacobsen turf equipment. We currently lease Fairway Mowers, Sprayers, and Rough Mowers. All of which have been rolled over in the past year. We recently acquired John Deere GPS sprayers and there will be an opportunity for training and learning this new technology. Our shop is a 4 bay standalone building equipped with three golf lifts, two table lifts, and 3 overhead cranes, express dual and foley grinders, overhead oil dispensers, modern welding and fabrication equipment, and machining equipment. This would be an excellent position for an experienced technician or assistant technician looking to move forward in their career.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Inspect, diagnose, and repair mechanical defects and failures on various pieces of golf course and construction equipment.
· Perform routine preventative maintenance.
· Perform daily checks on reel mowers.
· Repair and adjust cutting units on reel and rotary mowers.
· Ensure equipment is safe and complies with OSHA guidelines.
· Perform checks in the field on mowers and aerification equipment.
· Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly work environment.
· Manage two Assistant Mechanics in the absence of the Equipment Manager.
· Other duties as assigned by the Equipment Manager or other management of The Club.
Salary & Benefits:
· Health Insurance (option for dental & vision)
· 401K w/ match
· Golfing privileges
· Possibility for short-term housing if moving in from outside the area
This position is available immediately.
Please email a resume to:
© Mid-Atlantic Association of Golf Course Superintendents 888-643-8873
Web Site Designed by: Ryan Kraushofer