BMPs For Maryland Golf Courses
Job Code | 007
Job Title | Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Department | Golf Maintenance
Reports to | Golf Course Superintendent
Purpose: We are here to positively impact others!
Service Promise: From our Family to yours, we deliver exceptional experiences every step of the way.
Location: Heritage Hunt Golf & Country Club, Gainesville, Virginia
Compensation: Salary Range $45,000 - $55,000 BOE, full benefits
Competitive Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance along with Short Term Disability, Cell Phone Reimbursement, Uniform Allowance, Golf Privileges, Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Personal), Local/National Association Dues, and Continuing Education Seminars.
EEO Statement: We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans.
About the Company
Up to Par Management is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club, and hospitality operations. Up to Par is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner’s and associates to excel and advance with the company. Through a philosophy of continuous improvement, operational excellence and flawless execution, Up to Par develops and delivers innovative solutions for its customers while providing a dynamic and challenging environment for its associates.
In the last few years there have been several internal promotions with our company, which is a testament for our continued growth and possibilities for advancement for the right candidate.
About the Course
Heritage Hunt Golf & Country Club is located minutes from interstate 66 at route 29 in Gainesville, Virginia within a pristinely manicured gated community of 750 acres. The Heritage Hunt community has been a premier home site on the Eastern Seaboard for several years and boasts a private 18-hole championship signature Arthur Hills designed golf course with six tee locations that measures 6,938 yards from the tips. The golf course is recognized as a true favorite of Northern Virginia, and was recently awarded “Best Golf Course” for the State of Virginia by Virginia Living magazine.
Role: Under the Golf Course Superintendent's supervision and guidance, the Assistant Golf Course Superintendent will be a working supervisor that participates in all facets relating to the maintenance and direction of the Golf Maintenance Department at Heritage Hunt Golf and Country Club. This person will be integral in helping to develop the golf course maintenance philosophy and guidelines covering a broad range of responsibilities. The Assistant Golf Course Superintendent may serve in the Golf Course Superintendents capacity during his/her absence.
The Golf Maintenance staff is composed of 18 bi-lingual English and Spanish speaking personnel both full/part time and year-round/seasonal employees. The Golf Maintenance Department is generously funded by our private membership with around a $900,000 operational budget as well as an average yearly capital reserve fund of $400,000 for the purchase of equipment and upgrades to the golf course. Projects planned for this year include a Phase 3 Irrigation Upgrade, Phase 1 Asphalt Cart Path Replacement, Equipment Replacement, tree management & removal, and a Pesticide building replacement.
Instructions: Please email Cover Letter and Resume to Christopher Doyle – Golf Course Superintendent at firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
· Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
· Comply with all State, Local and OSHA Regulations.
· Assumes responsibilities of the Golf Course Superintendent in their absence.
· Assists in planning, developing, training, scheduling, documentation and discipline of staff.
· Assists in the tasking and tracking of various administrative duties to include budget and purchasing.
· Assists in the safe and proper application of pesticides and fertilizers as instructed to all designated areas.
· Assists in the repair and upkeep of all irrigation related components necessary for a successful golf course operation.
· Keeps accurate and complete records on weather data, maintenance procedures, pesticide applications, fertilizer applications, daily assignments, etc.
· Assists in planning and implementation of all maintenance plans and goals regarding turf, personnel, and administrative functions as it relates to the Golf Maintenance Department.
· Performs all other duties as assigned.
· Possess a valid state driver’s license.
· Associate Level Degree or higher in Turfgrass Management or a related field preferred.
· Prior experience as Second Assistant, Spray Technician, or some form of supervisory and mentoring preferred.
· Maintain effective employee and public relations that represents Heritage Hunt Golf and Country Club, Up to Par Management and yourself in the best possible manner.
· Must possess, or be able to acquire within 90 days of employment, State of Virginia Certification in both Pesticide (Turf and Ornamental) and Fertilizer Applications.
· Willingness to assist in formulating schedules and tasking related to the management of premier turfgrass conditioning for the golf and community membership. This requires a high level of commitment and self-determination.
Additional Information Please note this job description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required for this job. Standard Operating Procedures, Training Checklists, and Departmental Handbooks will be provided to ensure associate is trained in all duties and responsibilities of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Up to Par Management and Taylor Hospitality are Equal Employment Opportunity companies, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.
© Mid-Atlantic Association of Golf Course Superintendents 888-643-8873
Web Site Designed by: Ryan Kraushofer