BMPs For Maryland Golf Courses
Musket Ridge Golf club is located in Myersville, MD between Braddock and South Mountain. The golf course is situated on a ridge providing views that golfers and employees never get tired of. Musket Ridge is open to the public, has annual members and a frequent players club. We host tournaments, charity golf events and competitions for adults and youth. Catoctin Hall is our event venue. Inside there is room to seat over 200 people. Outside we have a new patio space and wedding venue with pergola.
The goal of the golf course maintenance department is to provide great playing conditions every day. The Equipment Manager is an important piece in achieving this goal. It is crucial that the equipment is kept in good running order. Cutting units are expected to be maintained in excellent cutting condition throughout the mowing season. The Equipment Manager supports the efforts of managing the crew by communicating with employees, training and reinforcing the proper use of the equipment. The Equipment Manager’s regular schedule is Monday through Friday, however some weekends are requested to manage the morning shift or help with special events.
The successful candidate will have a verifiable record of integrity, an excellent work ethic and the ability to work independently setting goals and priorities to keep the equipment available for use when needed. The Equipment Manager is expected to help out with routine maintenance as needed. A high school diploma or GED is required and must possess a valid driver’s license.
· Experience in working on diesel, gasoline and two-cycle equipment
· Maintain clean and orderly workspace
· Strong attention to detail
· Order parts and track expenses to meet budget requirements
· Keep accurate records of services and track purchases
· Assist in developing long term equipment purchase schedules
· Ability to move heavy objects up to 50lbs
· Adjust and sharpen reel and rotary cutting units
· Check performance of equipment in the field
· Develop and implement preventative maintenance schedule
· Perform in-season maintenance as needed
· Fix equipment in a timely fashion
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Secondary education in a mechanic related field preferred but not required
· 3 - 5 years minimum experience at a golf course or turf maintenance facility
Salary & Benefits:
· $18 – $24/hour
· Partially paid individual Health Insurance
· Vacation & Sick Leave
· Uniform shirts/allowance
· Lunch provided
· Golf Privileges
The Equipment Manager will be expected to maintain a good working relationship with the Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent. The previous Equipment Manager held his position for 19 years. This opening can be an opportunity for an assistant mechanic with ample experience to move up to a managerial position.
Please provide resume and a brief cover letter to:
Vince DiStefano, firstname.lastname@example.org
© Mid-Atlantic Association of Golf Course Superintendents 888-643-8873
Web Site Designed by: Ryan Kraushofer