BMPs For Maryland Golf Courses
Date of Notice: May 23, 2023
Job Location: Whiskey Creek Golf Club, Ijamsville MD 21754
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: General Manager
Send Applications to: Ted Goodenow email@example.com
The Golf Course Superintendent should be a proven leader in the industry. They will be responsible for the following: the planning and implementation of the budget, development and implementation of agronomic plans, hiring, training, supervision of the maintenance team; all while being constantly focused on providing consistently world-class playing conditions. The selected individual will join our team and play a major role in enhancing our property, its staff, and its excellent reputation. The individual should be positive, self-motivated, hard-working, team-oriented and possess a keen eye for detail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop the annual maintenance budget and operating plan. Implement the plan according to Company operating policies and procedures to ensure cost containment.
· Plan and implement staffing schedules to ensure quality standards are achieved at minimum employee cost.
· Maintain the golf course in proper playing condition according to Company standards.
· Develop and maintain drainage, irrigation, pumping and water reservoir systems.
· Supervise all planting, fertilizing and care of turf, plants, shrubs, and trees on the golf course and grounds. Develop and implement a fertilizer, aeration and Integrated Pest Management program for proper turf grass and plant care.
· Supervise course construction projects.
· Supervise equipment maintenance and repair operations. Establish and implement a cleaning and preventative maintenance program for appropriate equipment, tools, vehicles, etc.
· Ensure maintenance of all appropriate quality and cleanliness standards including, but not limited to, employee hygiene and uniforms, equipment repair areas, equipment storage areas, chemical and fertilizer storage areas, receiving areas, washing areas, lunch room areas, restrooms, etc.
· Implement and monitor the purchase ordering and receiving program to maintain proper inventories of supplies and ensure proper quantity and price on all purchases.
· Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, OSHA rules and regulations, relating to chemical and fertilizer storage and disposal, employee safety, public safety, etc.
· Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline and termination, etc.
· Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
· Maintain accurate records for pertaining to department activities including, but not limited to, labor schedules, course maintenance, construction activities, equipment repair, safety meetings and activities, fertilizer and chemical applications and pest control practices.
· Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
· Perform other duties as appropriate.
· 1or 2-year degree in a Turfgrass related field required.
· Bentgrass management experience required.
· 3 to 5 years of applicable functional supervisory and/or management experience in the golf industry preferred.
· Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, financial management, strategic planning, staff management.
· Possess a high-level of written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
· Maintain a positive attitude, professional manner, and appearance in all situations.
Must have the ability to:
· Communicate verbally with staff members and/or guests with or without the use of two-way radios.
· Give and/or follow verbal and written instructions and supervise subordinates
· Visually inspect all work areas, golf course and grounds
· See players on the golf course, and to follow the flight of golf balls
· Operate vehicles and equipment for several hours at a time
· Perform mathematical calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages
· Retrieve, read and interpret information from technical sources
· Stand, sit, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, bend and kneel for up to 5 hours at a time
· Lift up to 100lbs. occasionally, 50lbs. frequently, and 20lbs. constantly
Assistant Superintendent; Maintenance Foreman; Pesticides Application Specialist; Irrigation Specialist; Equipment Operators; Equipment Technician; Laborers
Full-time, Non-Seasonal, Salaried, Exempt
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer
© Mid-Atlantic Association of Golf Course Superintendents 888-643-8873
Web Site Designed by: Ryan Kraushofer