The Country Club of York is seeking an experienced Equipment Manager for our Golf Maintenance Department. The Equipment/Shop Manager oversees the maintenance and repair of all golf course equipment and ensures the course is maintained up to the Country Club of York standards.
Located in the picturesque, rolling hills of southern York County is the Country Club of York. With its vast views of surrounding farmlands, the Country Club of York stands alone as "the" premiere club in our area.
Established in 1899, the Country Club of York is a leading-edge club and honored to be named a Top 50 Platinum Club in American with state-of-the-art facilities to provide an enjoyable atmosphere for everyone. All the while, the Country Club of York still strives to preserve our traditions and rich history which distinguishes us apart from other nearby clubs.
Course Description: The greens, tees, and fairways are bent grass/poa annua mix. The irrigation system is Rainbird Cirrus.
Exciting updates to come:
Host of the 2023 Pennsylvania State Open
CCY has a leased fleet of Toro equipment along with a few John Deere tractors, Pro-Gators, Kabota tractor, CAT loader, and other varied equipment. This fall we will begin a new lease package with John Deere Turf Gator utility carts.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supervises, oversees mechanics, and schedules work for golf course equipment and mechanics.
- Inspect, diagnose, and repair mechanical defects of golf maintenance fleet and including but not limited to mowers, carts, sprayers, aerifiers, tillers, grinders, trucks, tractors, sweepers, rollers, small handheld equipment, and equipment used in utility work.
- Instructs and/or trains golf course maintenance workers regarding preventive maintenance, the proper cleaning of and safe operation of equipment.
- Prioritizes equipment repair and maintenance work.
- Maintains a preventive maintenance program within budget on all equipment, and purchases repair parts and replacement supplies.
- Maintains and updates inventory records for equipment and parts inventory purchases, equipment conditions, costs of repairs and preventive maintenance for all equipment.
- Checks equipment daily for performance on the course, frequently makes emergency repairs to equipment on the course, and services or supervises servicing of equipment prior to use.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws, safety regulations and guidelines of assigned tasks, and ensures a clean, organized, and safe working environment.
- Works with local and national distributors to enhance our new Toro and John Deere equipment packages.
- Minimal travel required to attend industry events, etc.
- Regular attendance required based on business expectations and needs.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor/manager or other management of The Club.
- Associate or bachelor’s Degree or Foreign Equivalency in Mechanical Engineering or related field desired.
- Fluent oral and written English communication skills.
- Working knowledge of light and heavy maintenance equipment and automotive apparatuses.
- Skilled in the use of a variety of equipment repair tools and various types of mechanical repairs.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical troubles and determine appropriate maintenance work.
- Working knowledge of the theory, care, and operation of internal combustion engines and mowing equipment.
- Experience in welding and fabrication of tools, parts, etc. for equipment and equipment maneuverability.
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the profession.
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions and temperatures while repairing equipment.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of the game of golf and how equipment affects the playing conditions of the golf course.
- Working knowledge of MS Office including Outlook, WORD, Excel, and preventive maintenance programs.
- Previous experience repairing and maintaining golf course equipment is preferred.
- Possession of a valid PA State Driver’s License.
- Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays based on operational needs.
- Required to move, lift, carry, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 80 pounds without assistance.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period or for an entire shift.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, and pulling.
- Significant exposure to varying weather conditions.
- Will encounter hazardous materials, dangerous or toxic substances and chemicals.
- May encounter excessive noise from engines and equipment.
The Country Club of York offers a competitive wage and benefits package which includes:
- Competitive wages and Holiday Pay
- Referral program
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Complimentary Meal
- 401(k) with company match
- Staff holiday and summer celebrations
- Annual Holiday Bonus
- Monday Golf Privileges
Job Application Instructions:
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate "Equipment Manager" on subject line of your email. Interviews are by scheduled appointment only. All employment offers are pending satisfactory results from a background investigation and pre-employment drug testing