BMPs For Maryland Golf Courses
TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud, dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an employer of choice and "a great place to work!"
REGIONAL TECHNICAL MANAGER - MID-ATLANTIC
Implement strategic plans to develop agronomic and horticultural programs used by TruGreen branches. Provides oversight to Branch Management for compliance with TruGreen Standard Operating Procedures for Health, Safety and Environment (HSE SOPs).
1. Provides functional guidance to Branch Management on technical elements of branch operations.
2. Assist Branch Management in technical problem solving concerning strategic operations, training needs, customer program development, and fleet/equipment utilization.
3. Participates in on-property program assessment for compliance and technical performance to provide guidance and direction needed to improve branch performance.
4. Aligns various corporate strategies to establish regional chemical programs and financial goals with branch technical programs/standards.
5. Verifies branch compliance with environmental, safety and chemical use policies for reporting, planning and financial budgeting, and regulatory compliance.
6. Assists in development of customer information management to meet the technical needs of the region and ensure state regulatory compliance.
7. Provide expertise to commercial staff and assist in key account reviews.
8. Monitors and assesses chemical expenditures to guide Branch Management on chemical budgeting and usage.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in agronomy, horticulture, soil sciences or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
• 3-5 years of agronomic technical experience applied to branch-based service operations are required. Experience developing product use specifications and transferring product and agronomic knowledge to support marketing, sales and service operations required.
• Valid, permanent driver’s license from state of residence and a clean driving record per company standards are required. Current liability auto insurance required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Advanced technical knowledge of agronomy, horticulture, soil sciences, etc.
• Knowledge of environmental laws and regulations governing chemicals for consumer applications (e.g., herbicides, fungicides, pesticides).
• Process management skills to develop, implement and support new process and initiatives.
• Consultant skills to develop, coach, and manage the performance of others.
• Training and development knowledge and skills to develop, design and deliver technical knowledge and expertise to audiences of varying skill levels.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
• Verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as, chemical concentrations, environmental risk assessments, percentages, area and volume.
• Research and problem solving skills to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Computer skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to:
• Sit, stand and walk
• Walk on uneven surfaces
• Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
• Work outside in various working conditions
• Able to get in and out of truck cabs
• Operate small-engine powered equipment
• Speak and hear
• Use close vision abilities
Occasionally required to:
• Lift or move up to 50lbs
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Noise level
o Low to moderate
• Adverse Conditions
Submit Resumes to: Kim Myers, KimMyers@trugreenmail.com
TruGreen is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
To learn more copy and paste this URL into your browser: www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
TruGreen performs pre-employment testing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
By providing my cell phone number, I agree that TruGreen may call or text/SMS message me on that number using an automated telephone dialing system or prerecorded or artificial voice to discuss possible employment opportunities, my account, including current and possible future services, customer service and billing. I understand that providing my cell phone number is not required to inquire about or apply for employment or purchase services, and that I may revoke this permission at any time.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail, including any attachment(s), is confidential information that may be privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or if you received this message in error, then any direct or indirect disclosure, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify TruGreen by calling (800) 456-5296 and by sending a return e-mail, delete this message, and destroy all copies, including attachments.
© Mid-Atlantic Association of Golf Course Superintendents 888-643-8873
Web Site Designed by: Ryan Kraushofer