First Assistant Superintendent - East Potomac Golf Links
As a key member of the property’s golf course maintenance team, the Assistant Superintendent reports directly to the Golf Course Superintendent and assists with the day-to-day oversight of the maintenance and agronomic practices of the golf course and adjacent grounds, including but not limited to the clubhouse landscaping and maintenance complex.
Pay Range: $50,000-$60,000 (based on experience)
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations:
- Knowledge of tools, methods and materials used in grounds and golf course construction, landscaped area maintenance work and building maintenance and improvement.
- Operate trucks and light motorized equipment.
- Knowledge of agronomy, turf grass science and the rules of golf.
- Working knowledge of basic electricity and hydraulics related to an irrigation system, including automatic valves and controllers and various types of pumps and pumping systems.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role in emergency situations.
Education and/or Experience:
- Oversees and performs ongoing course maintenance activities including project and irrigation management.
- Completes minor repair on equipment.
- Operates and maintains equipment.
- Maintains equipment inventory.
- Trains personnel in ongoing course maintenance activities.
- Selects, trains, supervises, schedules and evaluates assigned personnel.
- Maintains parts and supplies inventory.
- Assists in the development of equipment purchase specifications.
- Performs safety orientation and ongoing safety training for all department staff.
- Supervises Maintenance Shop and runs operations in the absence of the Superintendent.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Performs other appropriate tasks assigned by the Superintendent.
Three years of experience in the maintenance, operation or management of a golf course and related facilities and equipment, including one year of supervisory experience.
Undergraduate college study in turf agronomy or golf course maintenance desirable.
Applicants must be highly motivated, able to supervise a crew up to 20 people, able to work weekends and extra hours if necessary. Applicants have at least one year experience working on a golf course. A graduate of a Turf Management curriculum highly suggested. National Links Trust has a great vision for the renovation of all three golf course and there will be room for advancement during and after the renovation process. Take a look at the plans and the vision on their website at nationallinkstrust.org.
Interested applicants email resume' to email@example.com
Position needs to be filled ASAP